Hassle Free 4 Hour Classes
Comprehensive 1 Day course that includes:
- Range Qualification
- 4 Hour Classroom Requirement
Under One Roof
We’re conveniently located just 2 blocks south of Texas A&M University and feature a climate controlled indoor shooting range
Our Course includes:
- Loaner Handgun (ammo sold separately)
- Eye/Ear Protection
- Due to current circumstances we do not have ammunition for students to purchase for their shooting test. Please be advised students should already be well practiced and versed with the safe handling of the firearms they are taking the shooting test with, and have 50 rounds set aside for the test. If you do not already know how to safely and proficiently shoot a handgun, or have ammo to take your shooting test, please wait for signing up for one of our classes until you do so.
On-Line Course Notice
Champion Firearms does not offer the 1-2 hour class and shooting test to complete the on-line LTC course (LTC-101 completion) We only teach the in person, complete class with shooting test.
Check our class Schedule for an available seat
- Be Eligible – before enrolling, please look carefully at the State eligibility requirements, Click Here
- Know How to Shoot – the State of Texas mandates that all students know how to safely operate a handgun prior to taking the shooting test. Instructors are expressly forbidden to teach students how to shoot as part of the course. For private lessons Click Here for Handgun 101 instructions and information.
- Age Limit – must be 18 or over for active military, or 21 for civilians.
Register for an open class date. practice your shooting skills and double check eligibility.
While not required before the class, it substantially speeds up the time to get a permit if you submit your license application online with Texas DPS (Click Here) and then schedule your fingerprints (Click Here) in advance of the class.
Upon class completion, we will provide you with a Texas CHL Form 100 – which is necessary to obtain your License to Carry. Finally, scan and submit all required materials to the DPS via email at
(or U.S. MAIL) then kick back and wait for the license to arrive.
- Champion Firearms Class = $50
- State Licensing Fees
- Standard $40
- Honorably Discharged Veteran = $25
- Active Military (within 1 year of discharge) = $FREE
- All other exemptions…Click Here
- Standard $40
- Fingerprinting Fee = $10