Hassle Free 4 Hour Classes
Comprehensive 1 Day course that includes:
- Range Qualification
- 4 Hour Classroom Requirement
Under One Roof
We’re conveniently located just 2 blocks south of Texas A&M University and feature a climate controlled indoor shooting range
Our Course includes:
- Loaner Handgun (ammo sold seperately)
- Eye/Ear Protection
Check our class Schedule for an available seat
- Be Eligible – before enrolling, please look carefully at the State eligibility requirements, Click Here
- Know How to Shoot – the State of Texas mandates that all students know how to safely operate a handgun prior to taking the shooting test. Instructors are expressly forbidden to teach students how to shoot as part of the course. For private lessons Click Here for Handgun 101 instructions and information.
- Age Limit – must be 18 or over for active military, or 21 for civilians.
Register for an open class date. practice your shooting skills and double check eligibility.
While not required before the class, it substantially speeds up the time to get a permit if you submit your license application online with Texas DPS (Click Here) and then schedule your fingerprints (Click Here) in advance of the class.
Upon class completion, we will provide you with a Texas CHL Form 100 – which is necessary to obtain your License to Carry. Finally, scan and submit all required materials to the DPS via email at
(or U.S. MAIL) then kick back and wait for the license to arrive.
- Champion Firearms Class = $50
- State Licensing Fees
- Standard $40
- Honorably Discharged Veteran = $25
- Active Military (within 1 year of discharge) = $FREE
- All other exemptions…Click Here
- Standard $40
- Fingerprinting Fee = $10
LTC Class Calendar
LTC Frequently Asked Questions
Your LTC is good for 5- years and can be painlessly renewed online. It is no longer necessary to take a refresher class.
No. If not a U.S. citizen, however, you must be either a resident alien or permanent resident.
If in it’s any indication, our class average is a 92%. Nevertheless, our ultimate objective is to make sure you thoroughly understand the LTC laws. When this happens, the test then becomes extremely easy.
It must be factory ammunition, the DPS prefers that it’s SAAMI spec.
No. The only requirement is you know how to safely and proficiently operate the gun you plan to use.
Again, you are allowed to carry any legal handgun. Unlike most law enforcement agencies that require range qualification and subsequent carry of a specific duty weapon, this has not been carried over to the LTC program.
Provided they are not carried in a reckless manner, there is no limit.
Absolutely. We have a 1- time re-schedule policy and ask that you try to provide 72- hour notice.
This is proof you took and passed the class. It can be submitted to DPS via U.S. mail or scanned, then emailed.
“Applying for a LTC” means going online to complete information such as DL#, address, employment and criminal history, then pay the licensing fee. This also allows you to schedule fingerprinting. “Submitting an application” is sending the DPS supporting documents such as a CHL100 after taking the class.
See here for details (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/
Sorry, no– Sunday is usually the one day that most students have available to take the class.
Sorry, we don’t.
Yes, provided they pay the class fee and reserve a seat. Sorry, the class is adult material…no children (under 17) please.