After registering for one of our upcoming courses, you will receive a confirmation email from Katie. This correspondence will allow you to reserve a range qualification date, which must be completed prior to the classroom section of this course. Please only choose one of the following times to test (the week of your scheduled course):
- Thursday 6:15 p.m. Range practice is optional and will begin at 5:45 p.m. This is a qualification option where significantly fewer students make a reservation, subsequently minimizing range time.
- Saturday 8:30 a.m. Range practice is optional and will begin at 8:00 a.m. Same as Thursday. We typically see half the number of students as on Sunday, minimizing range qualification time.
- Sunday 9:30 a.m. Range practice is optional and will begin at 9:00 a.m.
*Please Note: once you hit the range, the average elapsed time for each range qualification group is 20 – minutes. As soon as the range test is completed, you are free to go. Please report back on Sunday @ 12:30 p.m. for the classroom section.
**If you have serious marksmanship skills and are 100% confident in passing the first time through, please volunteer for group #1. Otherwise, it is better to sit back and watch the first group(s) qualify, make observations and then wait until either group #2 or #3 to take your test (when applicable).
Range Qualification Reminders:
- Students must know how to safely operate the handgun that will be used during range qualification BEFORE the day of the test
- This includes, but is not limited to, being able to successfully load, unload, manipulate the gun’s safety features (where applicable) and then follow instructions
- Practice, Practice, Practice and…
- Please watch our “Shooting Test” video for more detailed information CLICK HERE